Mehalah's Voyages

Saturday, 1 September 2018

Is this the most expensive disc of plastic in the world?

When we bought Mehalah the two staysail winches had cracked plastic tops.
Note broken black ring

This meant they did not grab the rope properly. "Get some new ones" my 'good' mate Dick said. I ordered them. Each one cost £24 and shipping was £5. Not cheap. But necessary. And presumably a complex piece of plastic moulding.

Yesterday they arrived. Along with Dick who bought them from Plymouth. Thank you Dick.

I unwrapped them. Bu**er me. £24 quid for each of those!! For some reason Dick seemed to find this amusing!

24 quid - EACH!!
Still, I had them now. So today I fitted them. In the sunshine. At last. Here they are.

Renovation in progress

And a lovely new black ring. Do NOT break this one!
Unfortunately I need to buy some winch grease to complete the restoration. But at least they work now. Thanks Dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.