It's 9.30pm and Petronella has been beating to windward on a starboard tack for the last 10 hours. We are making 5k bearing 250 degrees and it is pretty uncomfortable for a first day out. Waves are around 2m and wind is around 20k. We are picking a course somewhere between where we want to go and what is 'comfortable'. To give you some idea of how we are bouncing I struggled to get my fingeron the correct icon when I started up this Sailmail message. Poor Marcus has spent most of the day asleep only actually throwing up once. Gilly is on watch and my watch with Jenny starts at 10pm.
After further trouble with the Pactor modem I finally seem to have cracked itas a combination of using the correct USB (COM1) port, a more distant Belgian station and distance away from ports has resulted in excellent reception today. Hopefully this message will get through too when I send it tomorrow.
After tonight we have tomorrow, tomorrow night and half of Thursday at sea before we make landfall in Sicily, either at Taormina or Syracuse depending on the wind. Right, gotta go, it's time to get ready for my watch.
----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com
Wednesday, 16 July 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.